We cordially invite you to participate in the fourth Mediterranean Conference on the Applications of the Mössbauer Effect (MECAME 2018) in honour of Professor Frank Berry (University of Birmingham, UK).
MECAME 2018 is organised on the occasion of Professor Berry’s 70th birthday to celebrate his life-long scientific contributions in the application of Mössbauer spectroscopy in materials chemistry. He has made a significant contribution to the study of catalytically active mixed metal oxides, superconducting oxides, aluminosilicates, rare earth exchanged Y-zeolites, pillared clays, magnetic oxides, fluorinated perovskites, new materials derived from mineral structures and other materials. He holds the view that Mössbauer spectroscopy is an important complementary technique to other methods of characterisation including EXAFS, X-ray-, neutron- and electron- diffraction methods.
The Conference will take place from 27 to 31 May, 2018 at Kolovare Hotel, Zadar, Croatia.
The aims of MECAME 2018 are to present the results of new investigations and reviews of the applications of the Mössbauer effect in different fields of science as well as promote collaboration and mutual understanding among researchers using Mössbauer spectroscopy and related techniques. The recent progress and developments in methods using synchrotron radiation to extend the limitations of classical Mössbauer spectroscopy will be of special focus.
Young scientists and Ph.D. students are highly encouraged to participate in MECAME 2018. To this end Young Scientist Best Paper Awards will be selected from both “oral” and “poster” presentations.
- May 27: Registration, Welcome Reception
- May 28: Opening, Presentations, Poster Session
- May 29: Presentations, Conference Excursion
- May 30: Presentations, Concluding Remarks, Conference Dinner
- May 31. Departure
- Nanomaterials and Thin Films
- Magnetic and Optical Materials
- Inorganic, Organometallic and Coordination Chemistry
- Solid State Chemistry and Physics
- Materials Science and Industrial Applications
- Environmental Science and Catalysts
- Biological and Medical Applications
- Earth and Planetary Science
- Synchrotron Mössbauer Spectroscopy
The Conference Proceedings will be published in the journal Hyperfine Interactions (published by Springer Nature). Invited talks as well as oral and poster presentations will be included in the Conference Proceedings. All manuscripts will be peer reviewed according to standard international procedures before being accepted for publication.
- 1 May 2018 Deadline for registration and abstract submission via website
- 21 May 2018 Deadline for payment of the registration fee
- 27-31 May 2018 MECAME 2018 Zadar